Bothwell Medical Centre aims to help patients find the right service in Bothwell, Uddingston and Viewpark for their health needs, especially when they need medical help fast but it is non life-threatening emergency.
COMMUNITY PHARMACISTS operate a MINOR AILMENTS service for children, over 60s and patients in receipt of certain benefits. This covers advice and free treatment (if needed) for a variety of minor illnesses and complaints such as acne, athlete’s foot, backache, cold sores, constipation, cough, diarrhoea, earache, eczema and allergies, haemorrhoids (piles), hayfever, headache, head lice, indigestion, mouth ulcers, nasal congestion, pain, period pain, thrush, sore throat, threadworms, warts and verrucae.
Please see the link below for more information
Minor Ailment Service Guidance
FOR EYE PROBLEMS YOUR FIRST PORT OF CALL SHOULD BE THE OPTOMETRIST
An OPTOMETRIST. is the best person to assess urgent eye problems, check for eye disorders and treat eye conditions. They have the professional training and necessary equipment to assess most eye problems.
Many optometrists are part of the Lanarkshire Eye-health Network Scheme (LENS) including
- Mackies Opticians (Bothwell) 01698 854858
- Jones & Hoyland (Uddingston) 01698 813318
- Mango Optical (Uddingston) 01698 818300
- Hughes & McHugh (Uddingston) 01698 811400
- Localeyes Optometrists (Viewpark) 01698 745595
As part of LENS they can offer an appointment and assessment service for any concerns you may have with the health of your eyes or eye injuries including: red eye, sore eye, deterioration of eyesight or any other disturbance of eyesight.
- JOINT, MUSCLE OR BACK PAIN
- You can phone 0845 604 0001 for JOINT, MUSCLE OR BACK problems to be given advice or to be referred to PHYSIOTHERAPIST without attending the surgery.